Dr. Thomas K. Jamieson is a 1969 graduate of Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. His undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Science was completed in 1965 at Michigan State University. While at MSU he was Captain of the Men’s Tennis Team and played Number 1 Singles. After completing his medical degree, Dr. Jamieson completed his Internship at Lansing General Hospital in 1970. He began General Practice which also included Family Practice, Sports Medicine, Obstetrics and Surgery. He opened the Jamieson Total Health Care, a family practice, sports medicine, and preventive medicine clinic offering nutrition and acupuncture care. While practicing medicine, Dr. Jamieson was Team Physician for Lansing Everett High School, Lansing Harry Hill, Eastern High School, Waverly High School. He did sports physicals for all age groups. Dr. Jamieson attended home football games for 40 years, never missed a single Friday or Saturday night football game in 40 years. Dr. Jamieson was Team Physician for Lansing Community College, Lansing All Star Semi Pro Football, Lansing’s Professional Hockey Team (Lansing Lancers), Michigan State University for 2 years, the Detroit Lions for 2 years, and State and World Championships. He was Team Physician for the U.S. Olympic Boxing Team, traveling around the world as their Ringside Physician.
Appointments, Certifications, and Positions:
- Faculty Member at MSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine (since the college first opened in 1970 to present
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Appointed by the Governor of the State of Michigan as a Member of the Board of Licensing and Regulation for Physical Therapists
- Appointed by the Mayor of the City of Lansing to the Board of Urban Redevelopment
- Past Member of the MSU Varsity Club Board of Directors and MSU Alumni Board of Director for Mid Michigan
- Distinguished Alumni Award in 1982 (MSU College of Natural Science)
- Inducted Into Eastern High School Hall of Fame
- Inducted into the Greater Lansing Sports Hall of Fame, 1982
Personal Information and Special Interests
Dr. Jamieson has been married to his wife, Debbie since 1976. They live in Lansing and together built the nutrition practice within Jamieson Total Health Care. They enjoy traveling and spending time with their family including 6 children, 17 grandchildren and great grandchildren. He is an avid MSU Spartan sports fan, regularly attending sports events and is a long time member of the MSU Varsity Club. Dr. Jamieson is passionate about golf and has played in tournaments, including the U.S. Senior Open as well as five World Golf Pro Ams, City Championships, has won State Senior Golf Championship, and was named the Outstanding Senior Player of the Year in Michigan.