Felix was born and raised in Cuba. He began his nursing career in Cuba in 1985 and was successful in obtaining his Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Superior Institute of Medical Science in Villa Clara, Cuba. He served as a Registered Nurse in Cuba caring for patients with acute and chronic renal, cardiovascular, and respiratory diseases. He eventually moved into nursing leadership and became the Manager of an Intermediate Care Unit. In 1995 Felix sought new opportunities for himself and his family and made the decision to leave Cuba and immigrated to the United States. As a dedicated health care provider, Felix sought to continue his love for nursing, yet found himself starting his nursing education over, as his nursing degrees obtained in Cuba were not recognized in the United States. Throughout the past 20+ years, Felix successfully obtained a Nursing Assistant Certification and an Associate Degree in Nursing from Lansing Community College as well as a Master Degree in Nursing – MSN NP Adult/Gerontology from Spring Arbor University.
Felix joined Capital Internal Medicine Associates with a strong clinical background and has 20+ years of nursing experience. He is client and family focused and engages in culturally competent care to patients within the McLaren community.
Appointments, Certifications, and Positions:
- Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner, CIMA, McLaren Greater Lansing
- Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner, American Physician Partners, McLaren Greater Lansing
- Registered Nurse, McLaren Greater Lansing
- Administrative Nursing Supervisor, McLaren Greater Lansing
- Patient Care Manager, Hospital Provincial, Villa Clara, Cuba
- Registered Nurse, Hospital Provincial, Villa Clara, Cuba
- AANP Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support